We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 5 Posts
    I can’t seem to get the FCKEditor file manager to work. It simply displays a blank page. Is this supported yet? I remember that when I was still using HTMLArea I had to set the image path in the configuration settings, and the same may be true of this file manager.

Also, I don’t know if it’s already planned, but can I suggest that the insert button on the Image TV displays the FCKEditor file manager. It looks like it’s still using HTMLArea’s. Also, the same thing for the File TV. Right now it just allows you to browse and get the name of a local file, which isn’t particularly usefull.

Thanks
    • Quote from: chadsalamon at Jun 08, 2005, 10:22 PM

I can’t seem to get the FCKEditor file manager to work. It simply displays a blank page. Is this supported yet? I remember that when I was still using HTMLArea I had to set the image path in the configuration settings, and the same may be true of this file manager.

Also, I don’t know if it’s already planned, but can I suggest that the insert button on the Image TV displays the FCKEditor file manager. It looks like it’s still using HTMLArea’s. Also, the same thing for the File TV. Right now it just allows you to browse and get the name of a local file, which isn’t particularly usefull.

Thanks

In the update to 2.1 this was addressed. Did you create the new /assets/flash and /assets/media folders included in 1.0pre2.1? If not try creating those folders, as the image manager was having problems if those didn’t exist.

Also, we are planning to standardize on the HTMLArea image manager plugin for all the rich-text editors by default, as this plugin has the best features of any of the others, and was just released recently as a standalone project.