We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3,975 Posts
    I have installed MODx Technology Preview 2.1,

Folder automatically converts itself to normal document after emptying or moving its child documents to other Parents. BUT if it has a folder inside it and the child folder is moved to another aprent then the parent folder remains the same Folder Document.

Suppose I have 3 documents in Published/Unpublished Folder named "Repository", when I move these 3 documents to root or inside another folder of MODx Document tree, the "Repository" becomes normal document.....

If i have a folder in "Repository" and moving the child folder after moving all normal documents then "Repository" keeps its original state as a Folder Document.

Well, I hope you can understand the situation and also my english wink

Regards,

zi
      Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
    • If I recall correctly, this behavior only happens when documents are moved to children of another document. If a folder flag is explicitly set on a document, it will stay regardless of whether it has children or not. Folders = Documents with children. Does this make sense?
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 1,732 Posts
        This behaviour is not a bug. It’s the behaviour by design.
          xWisdom
          www.xwisdomhtml.com
          The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
          MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
          • 3,975 Posts
          Thanks xwisdom !

Topic moved to general support ! smiley

Regards,

zi
            Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link