We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 15 Posts
    Hi all...

I just downloaded Tech Preview 2, and I really have no idea what the process is to upgrade from my existing install of TP1.

I tried overwriting all the files except the assets directory, and it then asks me to run the installer. However, when I get to the screen that asks if this is a new install or an upgrade, the upgrade button is disabled!

If anyone can tell me the full upgrade process that would be great. Also, has anyone else had this problem? Keep up the great work!
      Top Dead Center Design, LLC
      Design, Develop, Manage
      http://tdcdesign.com/
    • Quote from: afkuz at May 30, 2005, 01:09 AM

Hi all...

I just downloaded Tech Preview 2, and I really have no idea what the process is to upgrade from my existing install of TP1.

I tried overwriting all the files except the assets directory, and it then asks me to run the installer. However, when I get to the screen that asks if this is a new install or an upgrade, the upgrade button is disabled!

If anyone can tell me the full upgrade process that would be great. Also, has anyone else had this problem? Keep up the great work!

You need to keep your original /manager/includes/config.inc.php file in tact. Put it back and then rerun the installler. The upgrade option should be enabled.
      • Also, you’ll need to include the latest /assets/ resources to get the latest physical resources for the core snippets, modules, and plugins -- if you modified any files that are in the /assets/ directory in the distribution (e.g. /assets/site/style.css), simply back them up or rename them, overwrite /assets/ and then put back what you need as appropriate.

As a best practice, I generally avoid editing any core resources unless absolutely necessary, opting to add my own templates, duplicate snippets I customize, etc., so they won’t be overwritten when upgrading each time.
          • 15 Posts
          OK, thanks a bunch for the info. I’ll see how it works!
            Top Dead Center Design, LLC
            Design, Develop, Manage
            http://tdcdesign.com/