We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2,204 Posts
    Is it posible to set a folder as only a folder with no document with that id?

In a multie level menu structure this could be handy to do I like to have a main catacorey but that catacory does not need to have a page for itself

I saw that modx was able to make a folder and it looked lik that that was it but when I want to edit the folder than there is a contentfield..

is this a bug or is this just the way its (not) working

Greets Dimmy
      follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
    • It's working right. You could write some logic to check the content and if there is nothing there, just include it as a non-linked "header" in your menu. I've done exactly this on a project and it works great.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 2,204 Posts
        It's working right. You could write some logic to check the content and if there is nothing there, just include it as a non-linked "header" in your menu. I've done exactly this on a project and it works great.

Indeed this works fine it just looked stramge to see a content field when editing the properties for this folder.
          follow me on twitter: @dimmy01