We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 239 Posts
    I did an upgrade from a MODx rc2 install (with patches applied that were posted in the thread on the Etomite forums). The transition seems to be fine except that the Weblogin snippet doesn't work anymore.

I can fill in a name and password, but after pressing Login nothing happens.

Next I had a manager open in another tab (Firefox) and I could login through the Weblogin snippet in the other tab, but now I can't logout anymore with the WebLogin snippet. Pressing the logout link doesn't do anything. So now I am stuck with the Weblogin snippet in a state where it does not show the login form anymore, just the Logout link.

The snippet call =
    [[WebLogin? &loginhomeid=`16` &logouthomeid=`1`]]
    and the loginhome and logout home pages exist.

No default properties are set in the Properties tab of the snippet
    I also checked the passwords so I am sure that entered the correct ones.

Any ideas onwhat could be wrong?
      • 1,732 Posts
      I did an upgrade from a MODx rc2 install (with patches applied that were posted in the thread on the Etomite forums). The transition seems to be fine except that the Weblogin snippet doesn't work anymore.

I can fill in a name and password, but after pressing Login nothing happens.

Next I had a manager open in another tab (Firefox) and I could login through the Weblogin snippet in the other tab, but now I can't logout anymore with the WebLogin snippet. Pressing the logout link doesn't do anything. So now I am stuck with the Weblogin snippet in a state where it does not show the login form anymore, just the Logout link.

The snippet call =
      [[WebLogin? &loginhomeid=`16` &logouthomeid=`1`]]
      and the loginhome and logout home pages exist.

No default properties are set in the Properties tab of the snippet
      I also checked the passwords so I am sure that entered the correct ones.

Any ideas onwhat could be wrong?

Please make sure that the page that the snippet is on is not cacheable.
        xWisdom
        www.xwisdomhtml.com
        The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
        MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
        • 239 Posts
        Yes, that was the problem. Strange that the snippet worked fine before the upgrade. Anyway, thanks for the help.

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.