We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 119 Posts
      Might want to remove "Etomite" from the My Thanks on the Credits page /manager/index.php?a=18

On the create new user page, the Delete button seems greyed out but works. Also on this screen (and any others like it), the required fields should be noted. I didn't know email address was needed until after I submitted it.

Whenever the system "cleans up" the left frames are resized, ugh.
      [/list:u]
      • 29 Posts
      I did a install on a fresh system, where the system has been Apache 1.3.27, MySQL 3.23.58 and PHP 4.3.3:

As the virtual host has safe_mode enabled, I received an error in the installer (possible fix: check for safe_mode before using set_timelimit):

Warning: set_time_limit(): Cannot set time limit in safe mode in /<path>/install/instprocessor.php on line 10

Installation worked ok so far however there had been an error

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /<path>/manager/processors/cache_sync.class.processor.php on line 146

Finally - I nearly didn't want it to mention - I noticed a typo in the installer

Checking if assets/cache/siteCahe.idx file is writable: Failed!
        • 29 Posts
        When I'm doing things that involve database operation (like Configuration & Save, Create Folder, Create Doc) I always receive

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /<path>/manager/processors/cache_sync.class.processor.php on line 146
        (it's same message as occured in in installer, see above; this is now quite annoying since it doesn't finishing showing the page but stops with Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by)

The ContextMenu is too small, the "unpublish document" is breaked into 2 lines ("un-", "publish document"), however the 2nd line can't be read (no space left). I'm using XP+SP2 and IE6SP2.

When using IE Top Menu
        - the Credits page is showing the main page from the etosite (http://www.etomite.org/credits.html)
        - the open external site defaults to http://wiki.etomite.org
          • 113 Posts
          I'm getting no context menu at all in Mozilla (Win). Still works in IE.
            • 29 Posts
            Treeview does not have a context menu at topmost parent (ID=0, globe picture).
              • 1,732 Posts

I don't believe there ever was a context menu on id 0, correct?
                xWisdom
                www.xwisdomhtml.com
                The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
                MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
                • 1,732 Posts
                When I'm doing things that involve database operation (like Configuration & Save, Create Folder, Create Doc) I always receive

(it's same message as occured in in installer, see above; this is now quite annoying since it doesn't finishing showing the page but stops with Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by)

Hi,

Here are a few things to check:

Did you run the instaler? If so then this line should have been executed:

ALTER TABLE `{PREFIX}site_plugins` ADD COLUMN `disabled` TINYINT NOT NULL COMMENT 'Disables the plugin' AFTER `properties`;

If you did a menual install please check to ensure that your system_eventnames, site_plugins and site_plugin_events tables were properly updated.

Best regard,

Thank
                  xWisdom
                  www.xwisdomhtml.com
                  The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
                  MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
                  • 29 Posts

I don't believe there ever was a context menu on id 0, correct?

Yes, you're right. Sorry, I thought there had been one.

Maybe we can have a context menu there to create folder and docs also from the topmost tree point?
                    • 29 Posts

Did you run the instaler? If so then this line should have been executed:

ALTER TABLE `{PREFIX}site_plugins` ADD COLUMN `disabled` TINYINT NOT NULL COMMENT 'Disables the plugin' AFTER `properties`;

If you did a menual install please check to ensure that your system_eventnames, site_plugins and site_plugin_events tables were properly updated.

I'd run the installer, it was a fresh install. There was no Etomite or MODx there before, plain fresh empty database.

I've checked the database, the site_plugins table has the field "disabled" as tinyint(4) there.

However all plugin tables involved in the query in cache_sync class, line 146, are empty (cms_site_plugins: 0 records, cms_site_plugin_events: 0 records, cms_system_eventnames: 74 records) - is this ok or should there be any plugin records?

A inserted echo $sql in line 144 gives me this sql query:

SELECT sysevt.name as 'evtname', pe.pluginid, plugs.name
                    FROM `modx_test`.cms_system_eventnames sysevt
                    INNER JOIN `modx_test`.cms_site_plugin_events pe ON pe.evtid = sysevt.id
                    INNER JOIN `modx_test`.cms_site_plugins plugs ON plugs.id = pe.pluginid
                    WHERE plugs.disabled=0 ORDER BY sysevt.name;

I'm gonna erase the installation and try again, I'll post here if it works or not smiley
                      • 29 Posts
                      same thing again, the error throws up the first time in the installer and then when working on the site...

However I tried it also on a different system with Apach2, MySQL 4.1 and PHP5 and everything works like a charm, so my guess this error must be related to the specific system configuration (Apache 1.3.27, MySQL 3.23.58 and PHP 4.3.3).

When I manually execute the SQL statement which causes the error in phpmyadmin I'll don't get a warning but everything's executed proberly (0 rows returned)!?

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.