We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7 Posts
    I'm not quite sure, but i think the new Firefox version (1.0.3) renders some of the buttons in the manager unusable- I can't save/delete/cancel documents for example. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just some extension I installed that's messed things up?
      • 577 Posts
      something like this was posted at etomite too
        Tangent-Warrior smiley
        • 1 Posts
        It's to do with the coolweb buttons..... bah!
        • I loathe the WebFX buttons; they must be banished, and I think I might just have some pull in the matter! wink

On another note, I just tested and they do click, but they do not display the hover/active states any longer. There are also issues with the tree code now, too.

Working on fixes, for an imminent file release... smiley
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • I loathe the WebFX buttons; they must be banished, and I think I might just have some pull in the matter! wink

On another note, I just tested and they do click, but they do not display the hover/active states any longer. There are also issues with the tree code now, too.

Working on fixes, for an imminent file release... smiley

Actually, I am unable to click the Login button at all, and thus am effectively locked out of all management activity unless I crank up my rusty copy of IE (yuck). I recommend not upgrading to Firefox 1.0.3 at this time, if you wish to use existing Etomite or MODx manager interfaces from Firefox.
            • Well finally! Win one for the Mac browsers... :lol:
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • Quick update for those that care. We've now completed two fixes for the WebFX buttons.

1) For the original code itself.
                2) Replacing them completely with CSS-stylable HTML links throughout like:
                <a href="#" onlcick="do.some.action();" class="button" id="buttonSave">Save</a>

I prefer the second option, as it gives me the flexibility to style them any way I want to including rollovers, active states, with graphics, without graphics, etc. It also gets rid of a lot of unneccesary code, IMO.

What would you like to see?
                  • 125 Posts
                  If it makes the buttons work with Konqueror, then I vote for the second one smiley
                  • Get rid of as much nonsense as possible! As far as I'm concerned, javascript is like a visit to the dentist...you only do it as much as you really have to. If the job can be done without the "clever" and the "cute", by all means do so.
                      Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                      Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                      Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.