We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 90 Posts
    myfriendscallmebill Reply #1, 17 years, 1 month ago
    I’ve spent many hours over the past couple of weeks trying to learn how to use Ditto, and trying to keep track of all the morphs it’s made from 1.0.2 through the 2.0 preliminary releases, and up to 2.0.1

I’ve compiled everything I’ve learned (and guessed) into a single HTML document that, even though it still has a lot of holes (and no doubt inaccuracies), seems complete and lucid enough to be generally useful.

So for what it’s worth, I’m sharing the fruit of my labors with the MODx community. I welcome corrections and additions.

The file is attached. Good luck, and may the Ditto be with you smiley
      • 3,250 Posts
      Thats nearly 20 pages of documentation! I can’t say thanks enough times! I’ll have to print this one out and read it on good old fashioned paper to look over it. I’ll get back to you soon...
        • 7,075 Posts
        myfriendscallmebill, that’s a great job !

Really sums things up quite well and is complementary to the exiting doc. I think it’s great Mark is reviewing this, but it could be great also if everyone using Ditto 2.0.1 could have a look "from the Ditto 1 user’s eyes" and maybe write so to clarify dark spots smiley
          .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
          • 87 Posts
          Excellent - can anyone lend me a time machine so I can read this last week please?
            • 7 Posts
            Thank you. This is very helpful.

Tom
              • 3,975 Posts
              Great work Bill! Thanks a ton!
                Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
                • 107 Posts
                I’ve posted a link to this thread on the wiki in the Ditto section; may I post the entire document? It’s very helpful and similar to earlier documentation.
                  • 10 Posts
                  cool. Good job!
                    • 74 Posts
                    My friend Bill, right on! smiley

Still hadn’t the time to read through all of it, but I’m liking what I see here. As a ditto 1 user that is having some trouble converting all my sites to ditto 2, this will be extremely helpful. I can’t thank you enough, this is really a great doc effort!

Even if there’s some dark spots to be covered, I strongly support this to be merged into the Ditto documentation available at http://ditto.modxcms.com - makes sense for me as currently those pages are a bit too telegraphic embarrassed. Everyone likes some hand holding sometimes smiley

Again, thank you for this bill, your’re truly a friend of ur friends grin

Cheers, JP
                      Got Music? Try XSPFjukebox - Skinnable MODx Media Player
                      • 3,250 Posts
                      MARKSVIRTUALDESK Reply #10, 17 years ago
                      I’ve already spoken with Bill and am in the process of reviewing the documentation in preparation for addition to the official version.