We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 53 Posts
    Hi
    I stumpled upon a new exciting browser called flock http://www.flock.com/ which have the ability to mark certain words or pages that you for instance want to write about in your blog. When you have highlighted some text the integrated blog editor gets started and you can write further on. You can then access your Wordpress or MT blog and save your post directly from the browser without logging into the system.

Very nice feature perhaps this is a feature that the developing theme should look upon
    I have attached a screenshot of the integrated blog post editor.
      • 7,075 Posts
      funkybuddah, good catch ! I can tell you that you’re reading Ryan’s mind wink If I remember correctly, this thing is already cooking and has been discussed witht the guys @Flock by our dear founder... You should be able to enjoy this feature in the future grin
        .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
      • I am in contact already with the Flock developers and team members. We’ll have a "blog this" feature in a future release. We just missed the 0.6 release window. smiley

Combined with Flickr and del.icio.us integration, this will be an incredible platform. I personally can’t wait.
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 53 Posts
          That is great news. While I’m at it. I’m working as a graphic designer in a danish web firm. And we use a commercial cms, Which has some great usability features.

I would like to see some of these in Modx for example that the document setting area got a facelift.

From my experience with customers using cms the less the better. I’m not saying that more experience users can access these settings but it would be more appropriate and easy if for example the "general tab got sorted under the pagesettings tab and the snippet tab would be removed.

So the tabs would be listed as "Page settings" "Meta" "Access permissions" "preview".
          And the save, delete, cancel buttons should be placed where the user is editing something for example below the rte or below the page settings input fields.

This is merely some suggestions to this great cms system, which I by the way adore and already love.
            • 7,075 Posts
            Keep those suggestions coming, as we are in the process of a manager overhaul and I agree usability should be a focus here !

Maybe you’ll be interrested in the cms-uig projet @openusability... Anyway, if you have usability suggestion don’t hesitate !

MODx est l'outil id
            • Even better, contribute manager mockups and menu structure suggestions. smiley
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                • 159 Posts
                he seems that perormancing on firefox do the same job
                http://performancing.com/
                  • 7,075 Posts
                  Indeed I have tried it a while ago... doesn’t this use XMLRPC ?

Quote from: nissai at Feb 16, 2006, 08:33 AM
                  he seems that perormancing on firefox do the same job http://performancing.com/

MODx est l'outil id