We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 51 Posts
    I’ve been working with Mambo/Joomla for about a year, and while Joomla in particular is a very powerful site engine and CMS...I have to say that MODx just blows me away!

This is a TREMENDOUS content management system, an amazingly easy development environment and, honestly, much more end-user friendly than Joomla could ever hope to be. MODx is amazing. Truly.

I love the flexibility and speed of deployment, and the much easier learning curve. Everybody involved in MODx needs to take a bow and accept my pat on the back. Wow!

So, just a thank you, basically. But, it’s a big thank you.

Duane
    • Thank you very much Duane! That is a wonderful testimonial. I hope you’ll be making use of the amazingly easy development environment to contribute some resources to our project! wink

But seriously, at any rate thanks for your kind words. Makes the day seem just a little bit better somehow.

Cheers
        • 1,495 Posts
        Welcome to the community Duane,

That’s the same opinion that I have a few months ago, before I join the community. So, I can guarantee you that you’re not making any bac decission to move on from other CMS to this wonderful CMS/CMF.

Once again, enjoy your stay, and if you feel to contribute something, you can do so with either helping in programming, helping people in teh community, make donation, and a lot of other things. wink

PS: @David, I think it will be best for us to start collecting a testimonial from new users, so we can have this as part of our marketing resources wink
          Wendy Novianto
          [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
          [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
          • 3,975 Posts
          Welcome to the community Duane, smiley
          Quote from: Djamoer at Feb 15, 2006, 02:31 PM

That’s the same opinion that I have a few months ago, before I join the community. So, I can guarantee you that you’re not making any bac decission to move on from other CMS to this wonderful CMS/CMF.

Once again, enjoy your stay, and if you feel to contribute something, you can do so with either helping in programming, helping people in teh community, make donation, and a lot of other things. wink
          Yep, Thanks for kind comments... I appreciate them a lot smiley

Best regards,

zi
            Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
            • 7,075 Posts
            Well, Duane, it’s really great to have this kind of feedback from an experienced Joomla user smiley

And I must say I had felt the same excitement you seem to have built when I first came to MODx, a little over 4 months ago now...
            You’ll see everyday brings its surprises with MODx, be it discovering a new feature, a new snippet and more often than not, a new way to do something you didn’t think possible grin

Quote from: Djamoer at Feb 15, 2006, 02:31 PM
            PS: @David, I think it will be best for us to start collecting a testimonial from new users, so we can have this as part of our marketing resources wink

Indeed we do, nice catch Wendy !

I’ll add this to my todo list and start a thread in the Marketing forum for us to collect those smiley
              .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
              • 113 Posts
              Wow that’s cool Duane. And I just have to point out that I think you’ll find the support from the community here second to none.