We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4 Posts
    I just installed MODx on my site and am trying to get Ditto to look and work right. It works, but it’s embedded in an iframe as well as a bunch of stuff below it. Does anyone know why Ditto looks weird? What am I doing wrong?

See http://webanalyticstoday.com

My ditto code is:
    [[Ditto? &tpl=`DittoTemplate` &startID=`2` &summarize=`3`]]
    and is embedded in my root page.

Thanks.
    A first time MODx-er
      • 1,097 Posts
      That’s not iframes, it is something to do with your
      <code></code>
      parts and your CSS.

1) Your CSS is styling the CODE tag so that it is in a scrollable area, which is handy for code on forums like this.

2) I don’t actually know why you have CODE tags anyway, and suspect you have done something very silly when copying example code from here. At a guess, each of your template chunks contains only <CODE> html, and not the contents of the example code.

EDIT: Ah, you’ve posted the ditto code now. That’s fine, so clearly it is the template that is at fault. Can you post the template?
        No, I don&#39;t know what OpenGeek&#39;s saying half the time either.
        MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
        Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
        Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
        Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
        MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!
        • 3,250 Posts
        Check the HTML code of the document. It looks like you copied and pasted the call from the documentation into FCKeditor which decided to add code tags around everything. Just remove the excess code tags and you’ll be on your way.
          • 4 Posts
          Thanks... That worked. I’m still learning the in’s and out’s of things.

Dale