We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 21 Posts
    Hello,

I’m new to modx, and I’m having some trouble with Ditto. I’m trying to format the "archive" shown below my news items--it seems to put a bunch of stuff under it that I don’t want, and I can’t seem to figure out where I can edit it’s display. Is there a chunk or template it uses so that I can format the way it displays?

Thanks,
    Mike
      • 3,250 Posts
      You can use tplArch to control the formatting of the content of all li elements but otherwise everything else is hardcoded in the current version (1.0.2). The next version will feature a fully templateable archive. In the meantime you can disable the archive by using the corresponding parameter.
        • 21 Posts
        Wow, thanks for the speedy reply!

Hmm...is it the same with the RSS format (format="rss")? can’t format that either? Otherwise, is the next version due out anytime soon?

MODx ROCKS!
          • 3,250 Posts
          What would you need to change about the RSS formatting?
            • 21 Posts
            the author, i’d rather not have that display.
              • 3,250 Posts
              Please read this topic:

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,6282.msg44468.html#msg44468

PS: Please try to search for related topics before posting.
                • 21 Posts
                Sorry about that.

Ok, that’s fine. Instead, is it possible to remove the < code > root Elements from my feed? I’m using [[Ditto &format=`rss`]] to create the feed.

Thanks!
                  • 3,250 Posts
                  Code root elements?
                    • 21 Posts
                    Yeah...basically I created a page in the folder I want to syndicate and put the following code:

[[Ditto &startId=`01` &format=`rss`]]

It works, but it outputs this:

<code> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>
                    <rss version="2.0">
                    <channel>
                    <title>My School Info</title>

Notice the <code> element as the root node?? How can I remove that?

• 3,250 Posts
                      That is in your document content, not in Ditto’s output.