We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,097 Posts
    Mark: I believe the archive format/method should be swappable, and not the default.

One thing to point out though which might not be readily apparent is that if combined with a summary of the most recent 3 stories, people will expect it to go

Story from 1st August
    Story from 20th July
    Story from 15th July

Archive:
    August
    July
    June..

that is to say, month-based links to archive pages include the 3 most recent stories. That’s not how the archive works now. This probably needs to be a toggle.

Do you invisage that an archive pageid would need to be specified?
      No, I don't know what OpenGeek's saying half the time either.
      MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
      Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
      Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
      Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
      MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!
      • 27 Posts
      this would be sooo great!
      THANKS!
        • 160 Posts
        All blog software I’ve used in the past (WP, MT, Typepad, etc) all allow archiving by a date scheme defined by the user (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly) and/or also by category. This is two different types of sorting. So a post’s title and excerpt will be listed, for instance, in August 2006 archive and also in Web News Category archive, and in newest first to oldest last order in both instances. I can’t remember the others, but Wordpress also has an admin mechanism to limit the number of title/excerpts on a page, thus creating a multi-page archive list in either instance instead of a 100+ title/excerpt monster.
          "I’d love to change the world but I can’t find the source code . . ."

Custom ModX Templates
          • 190 Posts
          What Kickass says sounds just great. smiley
            Thanks for MODx - I love it!