We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 13 Posts
    Ok, I am just getting started with Modx. I must admit that things haven’t gone as smoothly as I had hoped but I am still optimistic that I’ll get this all figured out. I have multiple questions but I’ll take them one at a time wink

OK, for my first issue. I have a left box section in my template that I refer to as Site News. I would like to populate this with information from a News Folder I have created. I have included the code that I am using. This code works great when I view the News page but once I navigate away from that page the section shows up blank. What would I have to include/modify in order for this to always display the last two or three documents that have been created under the news folder no matter where I currently am?

<div id="LEFTBOX">
    <h1>Site News</h1>
    <div class="nl_summaryPost">
    <h3><a href="[~[+id+]~]">[+title+]</a></h3>
    <div>[+summary+]</div>
    <p>[+link+]</p>
    <div style="text-align:right;">by <strong>[+author+]</strong> on [+date+]</div>
    </div>

Thanks,

Andy
      "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.
      • 1,097 Posts
      Sounds like you’re not setting the start from ID thingie and it’s defaulting to whatever page you’re on.

So the problem is in the snippet call.

I’ve moved this to the Ditto forum btw.
        No, I don&#39;t know what OpenGeek&#39;s saying half the time either.
        MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
        Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
        Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
        Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
        MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!