We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 155 Posts
    Hello,

I searched for this but I didn’t find anything... huh

Is it possible to filter out (remove from listing) other snippets?
    For example, I have some documents with the fileDownload snippet and some other too. I don’t want them in my Ditto content, specially RSS.
    Can I removed them from Ditto’s output?

Thank you!
    Boby
      ...my Photo Gallery on Flickr...
      • 3,250 Posts
      Yes, very easily. All you need to do is use this &filter=`id,baddocumentid,=` or if you want more than one ID excluded, separate each sequence in the filter parameter with a | character.
        • 155 Posts
        Hello Mark,
        I think I did not made myself clear enough or I’m just to dumb to understand the filter :’(

Let me explain everything again...

This is my Ditto call for the RSS feed:
        [!Ditto? &format=`rss` &startID=`9,18,26,38,39,40,47,51,65` &summarize=`10` &descendentDepth=`1` &multiLevel=`1` &showPublishedOnly=`1` &trunc=`0` &trunLen=`0` &commentsChunk=`FormBlogComments`!]

Everything works fine with it.

Some of the documents available in startID have basic text and a snippet call for FileDownload.
        Let’s say I have document 9 with this content:
        Blah Blah Blah Blah

[!FileDownload?getFolder=`downloads` &getFile=`file1.zip` &downloadGroups=`Registered Users` &showExt=`zip` &downloadCount=`1` &chkDesc=`FileDownloadInfoFile` &tplList=`FileDownload` &useHlt=`1` &evenClass=`evenrow` &oddClass=`oddrow`!]

Blah Blah Blah Blah

And then I have document 65 with this content:
        Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.

[!FileDownload?getFolder=`downloads` &getFile=`file2.zip` &downloadGroups=`Registered Users` &showExt=`zip` &downloadCount=`1` &chkDesc=`FileDownloadInfoFile` &tplList=`FileDownload` &useHlt=`1` &evenClass=`evenrow` &oddClass=`oddrow`!]

Nulla sagittis, mi nec elementum rhoncus, nisl enim egestas dui, eu sodales ligula metus et mi. Curabitur rhoncus eleifend odio. Phasellus justo ante, posuere at, mattis nec, posuere eu, ligula.

I want now to have all the text of these documents (actually of all documents) available, but just remove this FileDownload snippet call from showing up. I don’t want to filter the complete document out, just a little piece of it.

If it is possible, can you please show me an example?

Thank you very much, and sorry for the many questions shocked grin

Boby
          • 3,250 Posts
          That is not built into Ditto. However, if you use the same FileDownload snippet call each time, put it into a chunk and use the commentsChunk parameter to filter it out.
            • 155 Posts
            Ok, thank you smiley

It’s not the same snippet call, but I will try to hack Ditto to remove the snippets from output.

Boby
              • 3,250 Posts
              This function should do the trick.

function stripSnippets($html) {
                  $t = $html;
                  $t = preg_replace('~\[\[(.*?)\]\]~',"",$t);	//snippet
                  $t = preg_replace('~\[\!(.*?)\!\]~',"",$t);	//snippet
                  return $t;
                }

Place this in the Ditto class file and change this line:

$placeholders['[+summary+]'] = $summary;

to this:

$placeholders['[+summary+]'] = $this->stripSnippets($summary);

• 117 Posts
                Quote from: Mark at Jul 17, 2006, 02:36 AM

Yes, very easily. All you need to do is use this &filter=`id,baddocumentid,=` or if you want more than one ID excluded, separate each sequence in the filter parameter with a | character.

Hi

This isnt working for me, so I tried &filter=`id,baddocumentid,!=` instead and that didn’t work either - my perimeter appears in the snippet call as &filter=`id,666,!=` (the bad document I’m trying to hide errily has the document id 666) - I wonder what I’m doing wrong...

• 3,250 Posts
                  After more reasearch, it looks like the 0.9.2.1 parser strips out the = or != before sending it to the snippet. Try using ,1 or ,2 instead.