We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 28 Posts
    Firstly, awesome snippet.

It maybe that I am using it wrong, but if I have ditto attempt to truncate any body text that has
    tags in it, it seems to go wrong by either failing to truncate the body at all (displaying it all), or by displaying part of the tag as though it stopped ’counting’ half way through the
    tag. Anyway, here is an example of text that goes wrong followed by my snippet call.

We had a visit today from Avid technology, creators of our 3d art tool, Softimage XSI.

They are filming for their 2006 testimonial real which will be shown at SIGGRAPH in August.

Its the 33rd international conference and exhibition on computer graphics and interactive techniques. That’s a mouth full! It’s a big show and a great opportunity for us to talk about Art production, and our chosen 3d application. It was a lot of fun and we also got to give a sneak preview of our latest game in its early stages of development. We’ll post a link to the reel which will be on the Softimage website after the show!

In the mean time if you are interested in finding out more about SIGGRAPH here’s the link you’ll be needing. <a href="http://www.siggraph.org/s2006/index.php">SIGGRAPH 2006</a>

[[Ditto? &startID=`26` &sortBy=`pub_date` &summarize=`5` &truncLen=`200`]]
      • 3,250 Posts
      I will look into this and get back to you when I figure out what is the cause of all the truncation troubles...
        • 204 Posts
        Quote from: kneehat at Jun 14, 2006, 07:46 PM

Firstly, awesome snippet.

It maybe that I am using it wrong, but if I have ditto attempt to truncate any body text that has
        tags in it, it seems to go wrong by either failing to truncate the body at all (displaying it all), or by displaying part of the tag as though it stopped ’counting’ half way through the
        tag. Anyway, here is an example of text that goes wrong followed by my snippet call.

We had a visit today from Avid technology, creators of our 3d art tool, Softimage XSI.

They are filming for their 2006 testimonial real which will be shown at SIGGRAPH in August.

Its the 33rd international conference and exhibition on computer graphics and interactive techniques. That’s a mouth full! It’s a big show and a great opportunity for us to talk about Art production, and our chosen 3d application. It was a lot of fun and we also got to give a sneak preview of our latest game in its early stages of development. We’ll post a link to the reel which will be on the Softimage website after the show!

In the mean time if you are interested in finding out more about SIGGRAPH here’s the link you’ll be needing. <a href="http://www.siggraph.org/s2006/index.php">SIGGRAPH 2006</a>

[[Ditto? &startID=`26` &sortBy=`pub_date` &summarize=`5` &truncLen=`200`]]

We observed the same problem, it only happens when there are tags nearby - almost as if extra space is made for the tag causing the truncation mark to be missed, and so continues on to display ’it all’. *guess*
          • 3,250 Posts
          This should have been fixed in 1.0.2. Please let me know if it resolved these issues.
            • 28 Posts
            Excellent. Yes it seems to have sorted out the problem perfectly.

Thanks for the help.

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.