We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 61 Posts
    I’m trying to set up a site in Spanish, and I need to be able to put an accented character in the &truncText parameter. This is what I’ve got right now...

[!NewsListing? &tpl=`NewsListingTemplate` &startID=`2` &truncText=`Lea más...` &summarize=`99`!]

Problem is that everything after the first word is ignored, so it is only rendered as "Lea ".

Any help would be great! Thanks.

P.S. I’m using &summarize=`99` because I don’t want any of the entries to be relegated to the "Older Items" section. Is there a correct way to set that, or is my workaround the only way?
      Dave
      • 3,250 Posts
      MARKSVIRTUALDESK Reply #2, 18 years ago
      Yes, you could set summarize to 0 if you are using NL 6.3.3. As for the international characters, I believe that is an issue with the parser and not NewsListing.
        • 61 Posts
        Thanks. I’ll change my "summarize" setting.

Mark, what do you mean by it being an issue with the parser. I have international characters displaying just fine other parts of the site. This is the only place I’ve had an issue so far.
          Dave
          • 3,250 Posts
          Have you tried adding international characters as snippet parameters before?
            • 61 Posts
            Quote from: Mark at Apr 03, 2006, 02:22 AM

Have you tried adding international characters as snippet parameters before?
            No. This is the first time I’ve done that. Any ideas on how to fix that? Do I need to file a bug report?
              Dave