We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3,250 Posts
    NewsListing Version 6.4.2
    STABLE RELEASE

The 6.4.x series has been deemed stable and the 6.3.x series deprecated. Please continue any discussions here:

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,3873.0.html

Archived version of 6.3.3 Release Header:

NewsListing Version 6.3.3
    BUGFIX RELEASE

Features

Bold indicates newest.

Ability to call all parts of the document object in a template via [+documentobject+] and all tv’s via [+tvnameoftv+]

multilevel/hierarchal support

TV sorting

Include and exclude filtering

RSS output

Pagination

Page display

Xhtml strict month based archives

Multisort capabilities

Updated documentation

Multicall abilities/toggle archives

Installation

Overwrite the contents of NewsListing with the contents of the file snippet.newslisting.6.3.3.txt

Make sure functions.php gets to assets/snippets/newslisting/functions.php

If you are doing this via the File Manager you will need to create the newslisting directory.

Thats it!
      • 1,193 Posts
      Awesome, and thanks.  That was less than 12 hours from the time the problem was reported to the posting of the corrected code, and that includes figuring out what "the problem" was.  That task takes like 6 months in [* insert other CMS here*] time.  I think if anything quantifies the solidarity of the community of a CMS, this speaks volumes.  I believe the ease of use, and the new features will draw folks to MODx 9x, but it is the community that will keep them around.  You folks feel like family that have been around forever.

-sD-
        Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
        All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
        • 3,250 Posts
        Thank you!
          • 3,250 Posts
          UPDATED. See first post.
            • 3,250 Posts
            UPDATED AGAIN See first post.
            • Still have some typos in the argument checking...truc instead of trunc in the isset function.

$trunc = isset($truc) ? $trunc : true;
                  // should there be summary/short version of the posts?

$truncsplit = isset($trucSplit) ? $truncSplit : true;
                  // should the post be summarized at the "splitter"?

$splitter = isset($trucAt) ? $truncAt : "<!-- splitter -->";
                  // where to split the text 

//$lentoshow = isset($trucLen) ? $truncLen : 450;
                  // how many characters to show of blogs 
                  // DEPRECATED: too easy to split in middle of an A tag, use splitter, above
                  // but left here to uncomment if you feel so inclined

Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                • 1,193 Posts
                Quote from: sottwell at Nov 04, 2005, 05:54 PM

Still have some typos in the argument checking...truc instead of trunc in the isset function.

I did a find all "truc" and replace all with "trunc" in BBEdit. See if this looks correct.
                  Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
                  All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
                  • 10 Posts
                  [move]Excellent grin shocked[/move]

I’m surprised I saw my name there.
                    • 122 Posts
                    Quote from: ScottyDelicious at Nov 04, 2005, 06:56 PM

Quote from: sottwell at Nov 04, 2005, 05:54 PM

Still have some typos in the argument checking...truc instead of trunc in the isset function.
                    I did a find all "truc" and replace all with "trunc" in BBEdit.  See if this looks correct.
                    I was trying to get this working earlier... either I didn’t have the right parameters set, or the truncation doesn’t seem to work.

I was testing with one post, and could only get the entire document content to appear, which is pretty default when using [[NewsListing?startID=8]]. The ’&truncLen’ option, set to ’&truncLen=20’ to test it, wasn’t doing as expected. I tried it was using the download in ScottyDelicious’ post, as well as the updated file at the top of the post (looked to be the same one actually).

Or am I missing something obvious?  rolleyes
                      • 3,250 Posts
                      &truncLen does not exist at the moment!

It was the old trunctuate at x characters function which is at the moment nonfunctional.