We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 113 Posts
    Could someone please give me an idea on what I might be missing? I’ve had FCKEditor working with NewsPublisher in the frontend in the past, but now it’s not showing up. I know the plugin is firing because I can force an error. Just haven’t traced yet to the problem.

Have a TV with Rich Text Widget. Box is checked for the proper template. Calling the field in a template form. All I get is essentially a plain text area--no RTE.

Any ideas? I figure it’s got to be something dumb I’m missing. Thanks very much.
      • 1,131 Posts
      Have you tried to clear the cache in your browser? Also, what OS and browser version are you using?
        Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
        • 113 Posts
        XP, Explorer 6 and Mozilla 1.7.3. No change after clearing cache.
          • 1,495 Posts
          What’s the name of the TV? Try not to use empty space or dashed. I encountered this before, I think the next release will be fixed.

Hope it solve your problem.
            Wendy Novianto
            [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
            [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
            • 113 Posts
            Well, TinyMCE works with the TV, but FCKeditor does not. I re-uploaded the FCK plugin files to no avail. Guess I have to start tracing...
              • 1,495 Posts
              So have you tried using non-spaces TV name yet? Try a simple tv name like ’testrichtext’ and see if it works. It will help us to troubleshoort the core of the problem.

Thanks
                Wendy Novianto
                [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
                [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
                • 113 Posts
                Ok, the webset toolbar in the plugin configuration tab was causing a javascript error. I simply deleted it and went with the default webset that’s coded into the plugin.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I should have thought to check javascript sooner.