We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 486 Posts
    Hello,

I am using modx for my band’s website and had a programmer develop and integrate a custom ajax linking system for me.

It is all working really well except on the gig date page.

I am wanting to use ditto to display "gig dates and info" on the site so that old gigs can be unpublished on the relevant date.

Linking directly (ie without ajax) to the shows demo page works as intended:
    (url removed)

However, linking through ajax returns a modx parsing error:
    (url removed)

The parsing error is as follows:
    « MODx Parse Error »
    MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « `` is not numeric and may not be passed to makeUrl() »

Parser timing
    MySQL: 0.0095 s (5 Requests)
    PHP: 1243332831.8380 s	 
    Total: 1243332831.8475 s

My ditto call is as follows:
    [[Ditto? &startID=`79` &tpl=`showsRest` &tplFirst=`showsFirst` &paginate=`1` &extenders=`summary` &orderBy=`showsDate DESC`]]

The templates look like this:
    <div class="shows">
     <h2><a href="[~[+id+]~]" title="[+longtitle+]" class="ajaxCt">[+title+]</a></h2>
     <p>[+showsDate+]</p>
     <p>[+showsInfo+]</p>
     <a href="[~[+id+]~]" title="Read the whole story" class="ajaxCt">More...</a></p>
    </p> 
    </div>

I presume this parsing error has something to do with either url re-writing, php, the ajax # and/or ditto and the combination of them together but have no idea as I am a css’er not a programmer.

Any ideas on how I can make the ditto work with the ajax system?

I will be eternally grateful.

Thank you kindly in advance.
      Web design Adelaide
      http://gocreate.com.au