We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 93 Posts
    I hope I am posting this to the right place... If not delete freely.

I need NewsListing to post the createdon date above summary. i.e. via a chunk.

So I called [+createdon+] place holder. Only to have it throw an enormous number of seconds at me..  Shocked How do I interpret this data with out a lot of logic.

Once again I am rebukable if this is in the wrong place...

And this call, ignores everything for the template... sigh And thats a big proglem. I need these sorts of parameters but I need tpl too...

[!NewsListing? &datetype=createdon` &sortby=`createdon` &dateformat=`%a-%e-%b` &startID=`0` &total=`8` &trunc=`1` &sortdir=`desc` &pubOnly=`1` &tpl=`newschunk`!]
    Thanks in Advance.

JT

• 1,495 Posts
      Did you put [+createdon+] on the newschunk? I’m not an expert with this snippet, but hopefully I can give some light in continuing with this snippet.

Mark, any thought on this?
        Wendy Novianto
        [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
        [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
        • 171 Posts
        Extract from the documentation

"createdon" is not a "normal" date, and must be processed by a script for meaningful output.
        Example:
        strftime("%d/%m/%y %H:%M:%S", $value)

• 93 Posts
          *choke* ah, like the call in the newlisting example above. Ok, now how to figure out puting that strftime into the chunk. You guys rock .
            • 3,250 Posts
            Please read the snippet documentation. You will notice that it says very clearly that you use the [+date+] placeholder which will automatically parse: &datetype=createdon` with this &dateformat=`%a-%e-%b` .
              • 7,075 Posts
              jwtyler, can you edit the post title and add [Solved] at the beginning smiley For those of us who are reading a lot of post, it helps not having to read them entirely to know it’s solved tongue
                .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id