We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    I’m starting to get very frustrated by now, I’ve read all available documentation. Re-installed everything and tried over and over and over.... Whatever I do, I only get the "basic" menu... What am I missing? I’ve searched for many many hours on the forums and google without finding and answer, so this is my last resort huh

I’ve installed MODx latest version 0.9.5 Final
    I’ve tried with the supplied version of Wayfinder (1.0.1) and even tried reinstalling it.
    I followed the guides on Wayfinders homepage several times, but the menus still turn out just the same...

Have I missed something obvious? Someone please give me a DETAILED example of how to implement ANY menu in the examples on Wayfinder’s homepage, I’d appreciate it A LOT!

Thanks

And here’s a link to faulty site: http://www.tokbra.se/2.html
      • 786 Posts
      Tommy,
      What exactly are you trying to do? Post your wayfinder call and what you would like to have it do (be specific) and we can help.
        • 6 Posts
        Sure!

Trying to make a "Ultimate Dropdown Menu" according to http://www.muddydogpaws.com/notebook/wayfinder-10/example-7.html

Call:
        [[Wayfinder? &startId=`0` &level=`3` &parentRowTpl=`wfParentRow` &cssTpl=`wfUltimateDropCSS`]]

Chunk "wfParentRow":
        <li><a [+wf.classes+] href="[+wf.link+]" title="[+wf.title+]">[+wf.linktext+]<!--[if IE 7]><!--></a><!--<![endif]-->
        <table><tr><td>

[+wf.wrapper+]

</td></tr></table>
        <!--[if lte IE 6]></a><![endif]-->

</li>

Chunk "wfUltimateDropCSS":
        <link rel="stylesheet" media="all" type="text/css" href="assets/templates/tokbra/wfUltimateDrop.css" />

Is that enough information, or do you want something more specific?
          • 786 Posts
          try wrapping your menu in a div like:

<div class="menu">
          wayfinder call
          </div>

I think the ccs_play css requires that class to work.
            • 6 Posts
            You got it!! Finally, such a simple problem....why isn’t that documented?

Thanks again, the site progress can continue grin

Feel free to check it out, I must go to bed now...it seems I will finally be able to sleep tongue