We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 103 Posts
    I am getting the error below when I use this Wayfinder call: [!Wayfinder? &startId=`[~[*id*]~]` &hideSubMenus=`true`!]

What I am trying to accomplish is to get the current document’s "id" placed in &startid=

I can have [~[*id*]~] by itself on the page and it works fine but when I insert it into the wayfinder call I get the below error.

So how do I get the current document’s id in the call?

Regards,

Ken Roberts

********** ERROR******************

« MODx Parse Error »
    MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « Execution of a query to the database failed - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ’index.html AND sc.published=1 AND sc.deleted=0 AND (sc.privateweb=0) AND sc.hidemenu ’ at line 1 »
    SQL: SELECT DISTINCT sc.id,sc.menutitle,sc.pagetitle,sc.introtext,sc.menuindex,sc.published,sc.hidemenu,sc.parent,sc.isfolder,sc.description,sc.alias,sc.longtitle,sc.type,if(sc.type=’reference’,sc.content,’’) as content, sc.template,sc.link_attributes FROM `paysitfo_modx`.modx_site_content sc LEFT JOIN `paysitfo_modx`.modx_document_groups dg on dg.document = sc.id WHERE sc.parent = index.html AND sc.published=1 AND sc.deleted=0 AND (sc.privateweb=0) AND sc.hidemenu = 0 GROUP BY sc.id ORDER BY sc.menuindex ASC;
    [Copy SQL to ClipBoard]

Parser timing
    MySQL: 0.0026 s (5 Requests)
    PHP: 0.0318 s
    Total: 0.0344 s
      • 786 Posts
      if you don’t specify any startId it will use the current page automatically
        • 103 Posts
        I have tried that too and if I don’t have the &startid=`x` included in the call the menu doesn’t show up at all.

[!Wayfinder? &hideSubMenus=`true`!] doesn’t work

For some reason I haven’t figured out, it has to be included in the call or the menu is blank. I’ve looked at the page source and nothing is there where the menu is suppose to be.

So how do I get Wayfinder to work without the &startid or how do I get the current document’s id to be placed in &startid=`x` ??

Regards,

Ken smiley
          • 3,975 Posts
          Use:
          [!Wayfinder? &startId=`[*id*]` &hideSubMenus=`true`!]

[*id*] will output document’s id, [~[*id*]~] will output document’s processed hyperlink, so you only want numeric ID not the hyperlink.

regards.

zi
            Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
            • 103 Posts
            I have also tried using &StartId=`[*id*] already

This is what I have in my page...

<table class="table3"><tr><td class="table4">
            Directory Information</td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
            <td>

[!Wayfinder? &startId=`[*id*]` &hideSubMenus=`true`!]

</td></tr></table>

If I hard code ’id’ in the call it works fine but if I use anything else it shows up blank.

Here is what the page source looks like when I use the above call.

<table class="table3"><tr><td class="table4">
            Directory Information</td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
            <td>

</td></tr></table>

Regards,

Ken
              • 786 Posts
              does the page you are viewing have any children? And if so are they set to display in menu?