We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 29 Posts
    Hello, I’m a new user of both ModX and Wayfinder. I’m getting the hang of ModX, but I’m having a lot of trouble getting Wayfinder to do anything. I’m building this one site at the moment, and when I enter in the Wayfinder snippet tag it just doesn’t output anything! Even an error message is better than nothing at all smiley

So anyway, here are my details. I’m using a fresh install of ModX 0.9.2.2 rev 1923 (not an upgrade), Wayfinder 1.0 rev 1779. All the pages of my site are published, some are set as visible to menu, some aren’t. I’ve tried using Wayfinder with no options set, and I’ve tried it setting some of the chunk attributes. Here’s what happens when I turn on debug mode:

WayFinder Debug Output:

Starting Menu from Docid: 5
    Docids for ’Here’ class checking: 5
    Chunk Checks
    The chunk (linkBar-outer) for outerTpl was used.
    The chunk (linkBar-link) for rowTpl was used.
    The chunk (linkBar-folder) for parentRowTpl was used.
    No chunk found for parentRowHereTpl using default.
    No chunk found for hereTpl using default.
    The chunk (linkBar-folderContents) for innerTpl was used.
    No chunk found for innerRowTpl using default.
    No chunk found for innerHereTpl using default.
    No chunk found for activeParentRowTpl using default.
    No chunk found for categoryFoldersTpl using default.

Document Processing

That’s it, nothing below document processing. I even did a bit of hacking in the include file. At first, it couldn’t find the include file (desipte the fact that I followed the install instructions exactly!), so I changed the include_once line to have an absolute path to the include file (this might be because at the moment I’m building this site on top of apache installed on my own computer). Then as a bit of debugging after the if statement on line 133:
    if (is_array($resource) && !empty($resource)) {

I added an else statement to around line 200, so that if the above if statement returns fals, it would add a message to the debug output variable. As it turns out, the if statement fails, which is why I get no output.

If anyone could help, that would be grand. The problems I’m having here are putting me in a bit of a tight place right now smiley
    • What happens if you just use a default snippet call [[Wayfinder? &startId=`0`]]
        Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
        Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
        Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
        • 29 Posts
        I swear to God I tried that earlier and that wasn’t working earlier, but it’s giving the expected output now. smiley I hadn’t been using the startID attribute at all , because I thought if I didn’t use it an appropriate default value would be generated. Thanks very much, you’re a legend!! grin
          • 1,097 Posts
          Possibly you got the case wrong earlier.
            No, I don't know what OpenGeek's saying half the time either.
            MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
            Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
            Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
            Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
            MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!
            • 29 Posts
            That actually occured to me, and I’m pretty sure I made sure the case was correct. Maybe I didn’t, but I think I did smiley Just for curiosity’s sake, would someone mind testing what happens when you omit the startId argument? The documentation says the default value is the current document’s ID, but when I omit it it just outputs nothing.
              • 1,097 Posts
              It will list the children of the current document. If your current document has no children, it will output nothing.
                No, I don't know what OpenGeek's saying half the time either.
                MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
                Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
                Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
                Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
                MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!
                • 29 Posts
                Ahhhhhh, that explains it! Thanks everyone for helping me out, you’re all fantastic grin