We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 95 Posts
    Hi everyone,

Since I’m a newbie and a noob when it comes to CSS and MODx and all that good stuff, I need some help I’d like to modify my CSS and/or anything else I need to to make the flyout CSS work on my site. Here is my current info:

My Zipped CSS:
    http://www.tapanime.com/cms/assets/templates/Animetor/animetor-4b.zip

Chunk called MainMenu:
    <div id="leftMenu" class="leftBlock">[[Wayfinder? &startId=`0`&removeNewLines=`1`&firstClass=`first`&lastClass=`last`&hereClass=`active`&parentClass=`parent`&rowClass=`row`&outerClass=`outer`&innerClass=`inner`&levelClass=`level`&selfClass=`self`]]</div>

I’m uncertain on how to take the flyout CSS from the wayfinder zip and make it work on my template. Can anyone show me what I have to do, I’d like to use those graphics for the moment, might want to get rid of the image and just use a background color and such.

Thanks for all who take the time to read this. Peace.
      • 126 Posts
      You need to put the file "flyout_revisited.css" somewhere that it is accessible (probably assets/templates/wayfinder) and then modify your TEMPLATE file to include that CSS file.

The snippet call that you showed wraps everything in a "leftMenu" id and a "leftBlock" class, and so the existing CSS may style those in a way that is incompatible with the "flyout" styling.

I would start with a very basic non-styled Wayfinder menu (even just in the content part of some test page)

[[Wayfinder? &startId=`0`&removeNewLines=`1`]]

then get the "flyout" stuff working and only THEN incorporate it into the left-menu block.

Do one step at a time, and if something breaks, then undo it!

Good luck

Gordon
        • 95 Posts
        Thanks for the thoughts there gfroyle,

I played with it for a bit got things working finally, but brings me another question now...

When I view the menu in FF, and I bring out the next sublevel of links and put the mouse over them they highlight a nice tan/browish color, but this doesn’t happen in IE

So I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong or that is just how IE is? The Zip file has been updated and the site is at:

http://www.tapanime.com/cms/

Anyone help me with this? Thanks.
          • 126 Posts
          Quote from: Izumi at Nov 12, 2006, 05:38 PM

So I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong or that is just how IE is? The Zip file has been updated and the site is at:

AFAIK, the original flyout CSS was sourced from

http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/flyoutt.html

If you try that on IE, then you will see whether or not it is an artefact or not..
            • 95 Posts
            gfroyle,

It does work in IE when you view the templates but after me adding graphics and such it doesn’t seem to work in IE but in FF it does.

So if you or someone can take a quick look at what I have and see if I messed something up when I added the background image or Just missing something etc etc. That would be fantastic.

Thanks
              • 126 Posts
              Quote from: Izumi at Nov 13, 2006, 01:10 AM

It does work in IE when you view the templates but after me adding graphics and such it doesn’t seem to work in IE but in FF it does.

I’m afraid that I can’t help with that - I’m a Linux / Mac guy and I don’t even HAVE a Windows box to use IE on...

If it is working on FF and Safari (which I just checked) then I can only assume that it is some IE thing that will need to be hacked around - there are some people around here who know lots about IE hacks, but I’m not among them..

Sorry couldn’t help more

Gordon