We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 58 Posts
    Hello,

I was having problems getting DropMenu to do exactly what I wanted so as suggested in the forum I’m trying using Wayfinder. The problem I’m having is that when I put the call to Wayfinder nothing is displayed. However if I put in DropMenu in the code above it it works....

This works -

[[DropMenu]]
    [[Wayfinder? &startId=`0` &level=`3` &hideSubMenus=`1` ]]

Just this doesn’t work -

[[Wayfinder? &startId=`0` &level=`3` &hideSubMenus=`1` ]]

I’m not too sure what I’m doing wrong so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
    Sian
      • 1,097 Posts
      1) Do you mean you get the DropMenu output and then the Wayfinder output, or do you just get one set of output?
      2) Have you added the Wayfinder snippet?
        No, I don't know what OpenGeek's saying half the time either.
        MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
        Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
        Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
        Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
        MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!
        • 58 Posts
        Hello,

I get 2 outputs of the menu, they both seem to control each other. If I take the [[Wayfinder]] out I get just the one instance of the menu. If I take the [[DropMenu]] (leaving just wayfinder) I get nothing at all.

Yes, I added the snippet as per the instructions.

Many thanks
          • 65 Posts
          Did you upload the wayfinder php file to the assets/snippets/wayfinder directory?
            • 58 Posts
            Yes, wayfinder.inc.php is in /assets/snippets/wayfinder I also copied the file snippet.wayfinder.tpl.php and created a new snippet naming it Wayfinder.

Many thanks