We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 13 Posts
    OK, on to my next question.

I have a horizontal menu on my web site. I would like to have this menu populated with just the folder that I have created. I would like this to remain static irregardless of where I am with in the site. I am wanting to do this so that i do not have to change the template everytime I modify or add a folder. I have tried using DropMenu but it either doesn’t give me the correct title for the menu or everything gets all screwy looking.

I currently have

Folder A,
    Folder B,
    Folder C,
    Folder D,
    Gallery,
    News

Thanks,

Andy
      "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.
      • 4,213 Posts
      Use DropMenu or it’s successor, WayFinder (beta, but perfectly usable). Then in your documents/folders, use the menutitle field to input what text you want to the menu items. Or if you want to use the page title, longtitle etc. fields, you can by using the &textOfLinks parameter to define the fieldname you want to use.

Set the &level parameter to 1 in wayfider to list just the folders (&maxLevels in dropmenu). Look at the available parameters at the snippet documentations.. (usually in the head of the snippet)

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."