We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    I’ve been playing around with how DropMenu looks on a site and noticed that when you specify $subnavClass in the snippet call (as per one of the examples) that it does nothing with the variable.

Upon looking into the snippet it is missed out from the "// Configuration parameters" section, and is therefore not being picked up if someone specifies it in the snippet call.

In the "// Initialize" section it in fact sets the value to a zero length string (i.e $subnavClass = ’’; )

I assume this will be put in at some point but think it might confuse people to have it in the examples and not yet functioning.

I have put it in myself but am unsure if there will be any knock on effects of doing so, all I did was...

add the following below the "// $subdivClass [ string ]" block in the Configuration parameters section:

// $subnavClass [ string ]
    // CSS Class for nested UL elements
    $subnavClass = (!isset($subnavClass)) ? 'subnav' : "$subnavClass";

and I also commented the line that set $subnavClass to nothing in the initialize section.

That seemed to work fine. undecided

• 7,075 Posts
      Surprised nobody picked up on this thread, since it’s quite helpful !

Thanks for this I’ll try it out smiley
        .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
        • 6 Posts
        No problem! cool

This doesn’t seem to have had any adverse effects for me, but let me know if you come across anything...ta!

I have been playing around with a version of the "manager" navigation menu for the front-end that can be generated via dropmenu (slightly altered) and with certain stylesheet additions. What I have works, but could do with being reworked before releasing for all.

I assume dropmenu is still under development, I’ll have to look around the forums as I don’t want to reinvent the wheel if things like this are already nearly done. tongue