We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 577 Posts
    I’ve been digging around for a way to use dropmenu to show an image instead of a link.

What I’m thinking here is just a simple image for the country’s flag to use in a multi-lingual site.

I could hack the code but why reinvent the wheel if some else has done it laugh
      Tangent-Warrior smiley
    • You’d need to uses unique IDs on each LI or A element then an image replacement technique for the contents. Honestly, this is a situation that is probably best served by a static chunk if my assumption that you’d just be switching root level directories is correct. No need to introduce the extra overhead for a set of folders that won’t change.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 577 Posts
        I sort of figured that the chunk solution would come up. I was just thinking of which would be easier for somebody who wanted to throw in another language later.

Thanks,
          Tangent-Warrior smiley
        • The chunk would be simple as copying a row and changing the ID/image. You’d have to update the image stuff manually anyway.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me