We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 15 Posts
    I hear ya... I can tell it has a lot of potential.  But I am running the right stack according to the specs you pointed to... I’ve been tinkering w/ it almost daily for several weeks now trying to piece together how to implement a site using it.  I’ve gone through all of the docs and most of the wikis. 

Maybe I’ll try it again when it’s a bit more mature, has more support, and is better documented.  I think I’m just going to uninstall it and build the site in HTML or PHP.

I really appreciate all of your help.
      • 15 Posts
      Quote from: goonz at Mar 16, 2009, 07:23 PM

I had an issue recently with friendly URLs and GoDaddy; I don’t remember where I found this in the forums, but here is my htaccess file, at least all the stuff that is not commented out. Give it a shot, see if it works. GoDaddy needs slightly different rules than the regular htaccess.

RewriteEngine On
      #The following changes from www.example.com to /example.com - good for SEO friendly URLs
      RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} .
      RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^your-domain-here\.com [NC]
      RewriteRule (.*) http://your-domain-here.com/$1 [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^.*internal\ dummy\ connection.*$ [NC]
      RewriteRule .* - [F,L]

PS: I had exactly these same directives in the .htaccess w/ my domain name substituted of course.

Thanks again.