We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Hey everyone!

I’ve done a few searches of these forums, looked through the wiki and also experimented with a few ideas myself, but I’m still a bit stuck.

Basically, it has been decided that the best method to organise a client’s store is through product tags, then the customer can browse using a Tag Cloud, search the site and also a third method.

For this the client simply just tags their products and MODx does the rest.

The third method is for the top five most popular tags to be used a categories, the category links would be automatically generated, so if one tag becomes more popular than another the category list would change.

The Tag Cloud is generated using the TVTagCloud snippet, and then I would link directly to the popular tags, I wanted to create a sub-navigation in the sidebar for the categories and when a visitor is viewing that category, the link would look like this http://www.domain.com/store/store?tags=gift+sets

But the problem I’m having is I can’t make the sub-navigation change according to which page the visitor is on, kinda like you can with Wayfinder using the class="here"

Anybody got any suggestions for this? - Have I missed something?
      MODX Ambassador for Thailand. Managing Director at Monogon, a web design and development studio based in Bangkok, Thailand. - Follow me on Twitter.
    • Doesn’t anybody have any ideas? embarrassed maybe I wasn’t clear...
        MODX Ambassador for Thailand. Managing Director at Monogon, a web design and development studio based in Bangkok, Thailand. - Follow me on Twitter.
      • Quote from: Mallmus at Feb 14, 2009, 04:03 PM

Doesn’t anybody have any ideas? embarrassed maybe I wasn’t clear...
        It’s certainly not clear to me how you are generating the sub nav. If you start by showing how you are generating this (are you using Wayfinder?) we can help more.
        • Thanks Jason,

Currently the sidebar’s sub nav is just normal <a> tags, no particular snippet or anything - each of the links would go to a tag landing page, something like this: http://www.domain.com/store/store?tags=gift+sets

But since I’m not generating those links in anyway I’m not able to dynamically put in a class="here" to from something like this.

And I couldn’t use WayFinder since the category links don’t have their own document in the Manager, they are just links to a tag page...

Hope that helps smiley