We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 16 Posts
    Hello All, Me again

I was wondering if anybody could shed any light on how to do a navigation like this

eg..

Link1 - Link2 - Link3

Where it says links id like them to be my modx pages.

Also i have serval sections on my site, should like to show the links the same on the septerate section page (if that make any sense)

Thanks in advance
    Ian
      • 4,205 Posts
      Are you wanting to do a menu with Wayfinder or will this be a static menu in simple html?

In modx to make links all you need to do is use the link tag, [~1~] this will make a link to document 1 and will use the right format acording to your SEO URL settings.

If you use wayfinder you can create smart menus who will grow and change whenever you edit a document so keeping the maintained is excellent. Wayfincder by default outputs an unordered list <ul> which you can then style with CSS. But you can also edit the output by using custom TPL for the outut and pretty much get whatever you need from it.

[font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don&#39;t know what it is.
        Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]