We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 86 Posts
    Here’s my wayfinder call:
    [[Wayfinder?&startId=`0` &level=`0` &sortOrder=`ASC` &sortBy=`menuindex` &outerTpl=`menuouter` &innerTpl=`menuouter` &rowTpl=`menurow` &innerRowTpl=`menurow` &rowClass=`mainnav` &innerClass=`subnav` &hideSubMenus=`0`]]

menuouter:
    [+wf.wrapper+]

menurow:
    <a [+wf.classes+] href="[+wf.link+]">[+wf.linktext+]</a>

The first level shows fine, but I’m not getting any submenu items. I’ve checked, and the sub items are set to show in menu, and it’s not a css issue - I’m checking the resultant source, and it’s just not generating any code for the sub menu items.

Help greatly appreciated!
    • Remove &level=`0` or increase to level 2 or 3 to permit 2 levels deep or 3 etc...

AMDbuilder
        Patrick | Server Wrangler
        About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
        • 86 Posts
        `0` is supposed to allow all levels, but anyway I’ve tried other values with no luck.
        • If this is just a single level menu you don’t need to do any special templates beyond outer and row. Any subpages should show in the main menu with level set to 0 provided they have the check box to be shown in the main menu.

Or are you trying to setup a flyout/dropdown menu?

AMDbuilder
            Patrick | Server Wrangler
            About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
            • 86 Posts
            I’m not trying anything special, I just want all the items to show, but with a different class for the sub-items. All have "show in menu" checked.

The parent line for the submenu shows.
            Any chance I’m missing a system setting somewhere?

Update: it seems to break when I use a row template.