We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 194 Posts
    Does the breadcrumb snippet work with template files? If not, do I have to modify the output right in the snippet?

I am trying to generate this bit of code and am not sure whether it can be done.

Thanks!

<ul>
    <li id="breadcrumbHome"><a href="../">Home</a></li>
    <li><a href="../services">Services</a></li>
    <li id="breadcrumbEnd"><a href="./.">Overview</a></li>

</ul>
      • 970 Posts
      I looked into ver 1.0.1 of this snippet.

The template is in the snippet but you can define multiple templates there.
      You can define your original template and specify which template to use with a parameter.
        • 24,544 Posts
        I think might get what you want just by setting these correctly in your .CSS file:

// Included classes
        // .B_crumbBox Span that surrounds all crumb output
        // .B_hideCrumb Span surrounding the "..." if there are more crumbs than will be shown
        // .B_currentCrumb Span or A tag surrounding the current crumb
        // .B_firstCrumb Span that always surrounds the first crumb, whether it is "home" or not
        // .B_lastCrumb Span surrounding last crumb, whether it is the current page or not
        // .B_crumb Class given to each A tag surrounding the intermediate crumbs (not home, or hide)
        // .B_homeCrumb Class given to the home crumb
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
          • 39 Posts
          There is also a Wayfinder breadcrumb config that I am using successfully rather than Breadcrumbs. Wayfinder is template-driven.