We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    I’ve seen posts on the forum where a solution is needed to display private pages in the menu only when a specific webuser is logged in. Isn’t this available with MODx "out of the box"?

1. I setup Web User group ’A ’ with access permission to Doc Group ’A’.
    2. Create a document which belongs to doc group ’A’. Check the ’show in menu’ option.

I’m using the WebLogin snippet. The wayfinder shows the private pages ONLY when the webuser is logged in.

Am I missing something here about security? I am a total newb to MODx, but I love it...

• 264 Posts
      No, you’re right: Thats the way it works. No security risks. smiley
        • 4,205 Posts
        The solution people request is to show private pages in the menu when you are not logged in. Wayfinder does not do this (as you have found out).
          [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
          Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
          • 2,310 Posts
          This was brought up recently here.
          It’s not an ideal solution and means all restricted docs will appear in the menu, but it is a final option.
            • 24,544 Posts
            I’m not sure this will help you, but it’s possible to show a different menu to logged in and not logged in users by putting two different Wayfinder calls in separate chunks and using the Personalize snippet to select which one is shown.

It’s also possible to show all pages in the menu and add a snippet at the top of the private pages to redirect people to another page (e.g. "Register now").
              Did I help you? Buy me a beer
              Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
              MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
              My MODX Extras
              Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting