We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 353 Posts
    This is still an issue, I wish I had seen this post earlier.

Installation breaks in MODX Revolution 2.1.3-pl (traditional). Uninstalling this package is still not possible and therefore removing the obsolete "components -> docmanager desc" from the menu is aIso not possible.

I’ve posted a bug report: http://bugs.modx.com/issues/5531

Lets hope that they remove he package from the respository.

Regards,

pepebe

If anyone has an idea how to remove that damn thing, let me know...
      Homepage: pepebe.de | MODX snippets (and other stuff) at github: https://gist.github.com/pepebe
    • System -> Namespaces

Right click the doc manager one and choose to remove it. Theoretically that should remove a bunch of related things like the menu item and system settings as well.

If not, you can remove the menu item via System -> Actions & Menus. You can find the menu item in the right tree under Components (right click to delete) and the action should really be gone when you deleted the namespace.
        Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
        • 129 Posts
        I've gone ahead and developed / moved a site into Revo 2.3 first checking to see if the docmanager is available in revo extras - and only now realised that it doesn't work after trying all the beta versions I can find (with the same issues as above, not being able to get rid/remove).
        Then to find that Batcher doesn't yet do TV values etc. is a massive downer.
        Being as doc manager was built in to Evo (I think, as a module) - I'm really surprised that it hasn't been thought about - my client uses it extensively in Evo version so wont be happy at all.
        : ( - I don't see there's anything to replace it as yet?