We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 59 Posts
    Hi all,

I encounter a strange behaviour of DropMenu. The last item in my menu is empty, so just showing a bullet and nothing else.

The code in my template:
    <div id="left">[!DropMenu!]</div>

And this is generated:
    <div id="left"><ul class="topnav">
    <li><a href="index.php?id=1" title="">Home</a></li>
        <li class="here">Wat is lichaamsgerichte therapie?</li>
    <li><a href="index.php?id=39" title="">Wie ben ik?</a></li>
    <li><a href="index.php?id=40" title="">Particulieren</a>

<ul>
    <li><a href="index.php?id=41" title="">BodyMind massage</a></li>
    <li class="last"><a href="index.php?id=42" title="">Tarieven</a></li>
    </ul>
    [snap]
    <li><a href="index.php?id=45" title="">Massagecursussen</a></li>
    <li><a href="index.php?id=46" title="">Routebeschrijving</a></li>

<li><a href="index.php?id=47" title="">Contact</a></li>
    <li class="last"><a href="index.php?id=4" title=""></a></li>
    </ul>
    </div>

As you can see, the last menu item is empty.

Any thoughts?

TIA,

Bee

• You’re working with the default content and did not assign the [*login*] TV to your new template.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 59 Posts
        Quote from: rthrash at Jan 27, 2006, 10:54 PM

You’re working with the default content and did not assign the [*login*] TV to your new template.

That is true, Ryan, but adding [*login*] to my template doesn’t help.

Digging further, I did find something out though. In the default content a page called [*login*] is published and visible in the menu (green in the tree on the left in the manager). This page has [*loginName*] as menu title and apparently this returns an empty string.

So, removing this page from the menu (it turns nicely orange in the Manager tree) removed the empty menu bullet.

Now I only have to figure out one thing and my test "rebuild a Joomla site with MODx" is complete. ’Till now I am really impressed!

Thanks for the support, this forum is awesome!

Bee
        • Quote from: BeeStar at Jan 28, 2006, 12:26 PM

That is true, Ryan, but adding [*login*] to my template doesn’t help.

Digging further, I did find something out though. In the default content a page called [*login*] is published and visible in the menu (green in the tree on the left in the manager). This page has [*loginName*] as menu title and apparently this returns an empty string.

Right, there is a Template Variable called login (see Manage Resources --> Template Variables). You simply need to edit it and check the checkboxes for any templates where that TV might appear in the menu. This is assigning or giving the various templates in your site access to the TV, so it can appear on pages built with them.
          • Looks to me like it’s not [*login*], it’s [*loginName*]
              Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
              Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
              Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org