We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    This is an auto-generated topic for DirectResize Revo 1.0.1-rc3 by vrtc.

Brief Description:

DirectResize is a plugin that create thumbnails in real time for the content images using Highslide JS. HighSlide is a JS similar to lightbox / greybox / slimbox and many others but I prefere the Style much more. Instead of poping up and fading out the website it give the user the feeling not to seperate the photo from the page. PRE-REQUIREMENT: I take no Credit for the HighSlide Script. The only thing you have to do is to insert image and resize the image, and a thumbnail will be created automatically, it is very useful when your image takes up space.
    Develop: yar-it.com
    This version of the plugin is based on idea and developments of Arnaud, the author of previous versions of the DirectResize.
      • 168 Posts
      Works fine out of the box but is there any documentation on this e.g. I want to choose whether I only want thumbnails created or whether I want it to link to the larger image.

Thanks in advance.
        • 168 Posts
        Ok I found a setting inside system settings for Lightbox to be 1 (if the image is given the classname highslide) or 2 for all images. I changed to 1 so now I have more control.
          • 82 Posts
          Hi, I’ve just upgraded from rc1 to rc3 but now I can’t seem to see the properties in the manager. I’ve tried uninstalling it and then re-installing it but they remain absent. So any hints on getting the properties visible would be appreciated.
          Adrian
            • 82 Posts
            Bump! - Can anyone see any entries for the properties under the plugin? I can see some in the System settings area but I can’t see anything in the plugin. The locked default properties is just an empty list. So I’m having problems creating a property set for it, any help or clues would be appreciated.

Thanks

Adrian
              • 82 Posts
              Bump again! Is there any progress on updates for this plugin? I really like this plugin as I think that Highslide is superb image handler for websites. However there are a number of things that need sorting. e.g. including the css file and the graphics library to enable different styles. I’ve also updated my copy to replace eregi_replace with preg_replace so that it’ll run ok on the newer versions of php.

Is there any chance of getting this plugin hosted on a public coding site? Google code, bitbucket, github etc. Anywhere where we can submit updates?

Regards

Adrian
                • 82 Posts
                For info - anyone using this plugin. The latest version of Chrome seems to cause a few problems with this plugin, when I click on an image to resize it shrinks to nothing rather than getting bigger, I tested it in Firefox and Opera and that seemed to work as intended.

Looking at the supplied highslide.packed.js with this plugin, it’s on version 4.0.10 . However go to the Highslide website and the latest version is now 4.1.9 and various bugs with Chrome are mentioned. I downloaded the latest highslide.packed.js and replaced the one in this plugin and Chrome directResize started working again.

Hopefully this’ll help anyone using this plugin.

Regards

Adrian

• 168 Posts
                  In Package Manager, Directresize is saying there’s an update but it cannot download. Gives this error: provider_err_connect
                    • 6 Posts
                    I managed to get DirectResize to work, and here is how I did it:
                    http://forums.modx.com/thread/97990/auto-create-thumbs-and-show-image#dis-post-529931