We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • This is an auto-generated topic for translit 1.0.0-beta by opengeek.

Brief Description:

A service class that allows custom transliteration tables to be used when auto-creating or sanitizing friendly URL aliases in MODx Revolution. This initial beta release includes three tables that can be specified as the friendly_alias_translit System Setting:

1. noaccents
    2. russian
    3. german
    Custom named transliteration tables can be manually added to the {core_path}components/translit/model/modx/translit/tables/ directory and configured. Additional contributed transliteration tables will be included in future releases of the package.
      • 1,039 Posts
      Hi Jason,

just updated to 2.0.5. I used a individual version of the translit class which worked fine in 2.0.4. In 2.0.5. there seem to be some changes to the settings of transliteration (path to model), so I installed this version via package management, but it doesn`t work. How are the settings supposed to be?

After installation they were like this:

setting_friendly_alias_translit_class : modx.translit.modTransliterate
      setting_friendly_alias_translit_class_path : {core_path}components/translit/model/
      setting_friendly_alias_translit : german

Installation was without problems, files are in place. With the settings above the log remains empty but the alias is not created.

Tried different paths and names for the class but no success. Any hints?

Thx
      Marc

• @Jason,
        Do you have a doc for this?
          Rico
          Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. Thomas A. Edison
          MODx is great, but knowing how to use it well makes it perfect!

www.virtudraft.com

Security, security, security! | Indonesian MODx Forum | MODx Revo's cheatsheets | MODx Evo's cheatsheets

Author of Easy 2 Gallery 1.4.x, PHPTidy, spieFeed, FileDownload R, Upload To Users CMP, Inherit Template TV, LexRating, ExerPlan, Lingua, virtuNewsletter, Grid Class Key, SmartTag, prevNext

Maintainter/contributor of Babel

Because it's hard to follow all topics on the forum, PING ME ON TWITTER @_goldsky if you need my help.
          • 81 Posts
          Quote from: MadeMyDay at Dec 09, 2010, 09:57 AM

just updated to 2.0.5. I used a individual version of the translit class which worked fine in 2.0.4. In 2.0.5. there seem to be some changes to the settings of transliteration (path to model), so I installed this version via package management, but it doesn`t work. How are the settings supposed to be?

After installation they were like this:

setting_friendly_alias_translit_class : modx.translit.modTransliterate
          setting_friendly_alias_translit_class_path : {core_path}components/translit/model/
          setting_friendly_alias_translit : german

Installation was without problems, files are in place. With the settings above the log remains empty but the alias is not created.

Tried different paths and names for the class but no success. Any hints?

I’m confirm that FURL’s wasn’t automatically created, then I deleted alias.
          The options frendly_alias_urls, automatic_alias is set to Yes and .htaccess is present.
          Version of MODx, is 2.0.8-pl
            • 145 Posts
            @MadeMyDay

After installation I had to set friendly_alias_translit (default none) to ’german’ and it seems to work when creating new documents.

MODx 2.0.8 and translit 1.0.0 beta

translit takes effect for new resources as well when modifying existing resource. The only issue I have is same as alex_dutch reported, when you delete an alias completely it doesn’t recreate the alias based on pagetitle. Though I’m not sure if that is an translit issue or MODx issue.
              • 29 Posts
              A little add to the translit noaccents table to ban Polish special characters from FURLS

'ą'=>'a', 'ć'=>'c', 'ę'=>'e', 'ł'=>'l', 'ń'=>'n', 'ó'=>'o', 'ś'=>'s', 'ż'=>'z', 'ź'=>'z',
              'Ą'=>'A', 'Ć'=>'C', 'Ę'=>'E', 'Ł'=>'L', 'Ń'=>'N', 'Ó'=>'O', 'Ś'=>'S', 'Ż'=>'Z', 'Ź'=>'Z'

Kind Regards
                ====================
                montagproject