We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    This is an auto-generated topic for <a href="http://modxcms.com/extras/package/108">Docmanager 2.1-beta6</a> by splittingred.

Brief Description:
    Simple component for editing/creating/duplicating/deleting documents, with backend interface.

- This version works with Revolution 2.0.0-beta5 or later only.
      • 241 Posts
      Apologies for posting this question here since it’s not related to 2.1-Beta but it’s the most relevant thread i could find.

What happened to Docmanager for Evolution? I still have a number of sites built on Evo and they all use Docmanager 1.1 I was looking around to see if there’s an update but none of the extras or forum searches returned any informative results. Was there an update to 1.1? And where can Docmanager for Evo be downloaded?
      Thanks.
      • DocManager is included with Evo as part of the install.
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 75 Posts
          What happened to DocManager? I've been away from MODx for a few years, and now that I'm using it again, I miss this module. It looks like the latest version on the MODx site is the beta 2 version, but this thread mentions a beta 6 version. And DocManager isn't listed at all in the official MODx repository through the manager interface. Did the module die?

I have the Batcher plugin, which is also useful, but while it is better-looking than DocManager, it is not as efficient when you want to make changes to all documents in a folder or apply the kinds of conditions that DocManager let you apply. Is there anything out there that does what DocManager did, or is there a more recent version of the plugin, preferably not a beta?
            • 75 Posts
            Does anyone have any insight into the fate of DocManager?
              • 129 Posts
              anyone have any news on this - Docmanager in evolution was brilliant as you could alter almost anything inc. tvs in bulk. Batcher appears to only alter the basic resource settings/templates in bulk.

I've spent an age moving an old Evo site across to 2.3 but only recently realised docmanager has no new equivalent : ( - I'm hoping someone will correct me on that...
                • 436 Posts
                Batcher is somewhat similar: http://modx.com/extras/package/batcher