just trying to decide whether too soon to upgrade.
relatedly, is Revo 2.0 considered stable enough for live sites?
jealousy<>love
-
☆ A M B ☆
- 2,213 Posts
You would use 2.0.8 for a production site and 2.1 RC4 can run a production site (I’ve done it), but it’s still in development so use it with care... It should be PL status in the near future.
-
☆ A M B ☆
- 3,141 Posts
I’d currently say 2.0.8 is more stable, yes.
A lot has changed in 2.1 and not everything has been as tested quite as much as 2.0.8.
I’ve been using the RCs on new projects a few weeks prior to launch and it’s stable enough for that. If you need a site out yesterday I would just stick with 2.0.8 for now - you don’t want to be delayed with that cause of bugs popping up.
-
☆ A M B ☆
- 2,213 Posts
That’s a good point Mark.
The site we recently launched on 2.1 took a bit of extra work updating some snippets and such. There are some nice features and if you regular work on/maintain the site 2.1 is worth checking out, but if you need stable 2.0.8 is the place to be. We needed the extra speed on the site so 2.1 was a somewhat easy choice.
I’ve been running a public site on 2.1-RC3 for a while and it’s been very stable, although it doesn’t use many add-ons other than Wayfinder and ones I’ve written myself. The Captcha in SPForm is broken, but otherwise it’s been fine.