We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 209 Posts
    This is an auto-generated support/comment thread for Slimboxr.

Use this forum to post any comments about this addition or any questions you have regarding its use.

Brief Description:
    This plugins translates all images surrounded by a special <a> html tag (that you can insert with any rich editor) in a Slimbox link, that make you open a bigger image with a cool mootools effect. The main feature of this plugin is that it can also use Flickr off-site images.
      Daniele "MadMage" Calisi
    • Nice! Could you also have it bring in the content from another page in addition to showing larger images?
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 209 Posts
        Quote from: rthrash at Jan 09, 2008, 02:42 PM

Nice! Could you also have it bring in the content from another page in addition to showing larger images?

Unfortunately, slimbox script does not allow "iframe" like content, only images. I found a modified version that allows this, but it is slower.

Do you think it can be useful? If you think so, I can even give the choice of which slimbox version use, and allow to see content from other images... it’s almost straightforward.

Anyway, as I pointed out in the "modxcms.com Discussions and Suggestions" forum, there is a bug in the upload system that prevent to download this script from the resource section. Do you know anything about it or I have to open another resource with the same name (it is usual habit in resource... I think it’s bad habit, don’t you think so?)
          Daniele "MadMage" Calisi
        • I think loading non-image content would be very useful indeed.

As far as resource uploading goes, that’s a bug that we’ve not had time to investigate yet. If you would upload a new resource and I’ll just delete the old one that would be a huge help (I can do that quickly). PM me if you want to discuss further.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me