We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 502 Posts
    This is an auto-generated support/comment thread for SimpleSnippets.

Use this forum to post any comments about this addition or any questions you have regarding its use.

Brief Description:
    Simplified snippet calls better suited to end users.
    • Interesting idea Andy ... makes sense to me. smiley
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 480 Posts
        - as of 0.9.6 copying and pasting of snippet calls seems to result in the snippet call being displayed rather that executed. A common task for the end user is copying and pasting.

Definately a cool idea...I noticed the copy and pasting thing too, but put it down to me doing something wrong.
          Adrian Lawley: www.adrianlawley.com
          • 956 Posts
          Yeah, telling customers to adhere to a certain format/syntax is an adventure sometimes...

With SimpleSnippets though, what happens if you enter:
          {!quote:And I’m telling you this: Make no mistake:GWB!}
          i.e. when : is part of the quote (string) as well? Does the customer have to remember to add a backslash?
            • 502 Posts
            There is no support for that. But you can edit the plugin to use something different as the divider. I thought of using the vertical bar (|) but again, I don’t think most end users will know what that is. I figured the colon was less likely to be used than most other punctuation.

Andy
              • 119 Posts
              Nice shot. Peace, Alex