We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 103 Posts
    Hi Folks!

I just finished my first ModX Website. And it’s a great CMF!

However, the SMF Bridge is making me mad! Here’s a list of my problems...

1) If one tries to access the forum directly (not from a link within Modx) this error appears:

: Table ’***-main.smf_sessions’ doesn’t exist
    /is/htdocs/***/www/forum/Sources/Load.php

Reload the page and it suddenly works!

2) Some users have problems logging in or out. When they access the forum they’re "logged out" while on the modx pages they’re still "logged in". The checkbox "stay logged in" doesn’t seem to work properly, too. Some users report that they are "logged out" on the homepage but still mentioned as "logged in" in the forums. Weird...

3) The users are not able to change their eMail status from visible to invisible, because their password isn’t accepted in the forum. I know this is not a bug but a "missing feature". Anyway, I wonder why this is so. It’s especially hard to explain to the users that this is just as it is...

----
    Looking forward to your ideas! I can send the URL of the site as a message if you would like to check it out.

SMF 1.1.2 and ModX 0.9.5 on debian shared hosting.
      Impossible is nothing - with ModX
      • 103 Posts
      I suppose someone should remove the SMF Bridge from the repository as it is no longer supported.
      • Perhaps a user will pick it up and update it. If it’s not there then it’s not an option.
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 103 Posts
          I would love to see that. I depend on it, but it’s just not working properly...and I don’t want to lose my users because of that.

Anyway, could you explain to me how this bridge works? Then I might find a starting point to update it.