We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Nope. KoopsMailinglistX is just KoopsMailinglist broken up into two parts, a snippet for registration and a module for managing the mailings. A nice script for what it does, but not at all a native MODx app.
      Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
      Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
      Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
      • 129 Posts
      Using the latest versions of apache, php, modx-0.9.5....

I send the email and when I try to read the email in hotmail it only shows the search box, wayfinder menu, and footer....which are all in my template. The email does not show the page data text from the document. Any idea why it only shows the template info and not the page info?

Going on 3 weeks with this snippet and kind of going crazy

Derek
        [center]-- smiley --[/center]
        [center]New View Media - Custom Website Design[/center]
        [center]Custom Website Design & Marketing = Strategic Business![/center]
        • 1,198 Posts
        Quote from: dhilden at Mar 05, 2007, 08:17 AM

Using the latest versions of apache, php, modx-0.9.5....

I send the email and when I try to read the email in hotmail it only shows the search box, wayfinder menu, and footer....which are all in my template. The email does not show the page data text from the document. Any idea why it only shows the template info and not the page info?

Going on 3 weeks with this snippet and kind of going crazy

Derek

1 create a custom template only for newletter, without wayfinder etc...

2 create a new document with ditto latest news fom your website and set to your newsletter template.

3 send it smiley
          Free MODx Graphic resources and Templates www.tattoocms.it
          -----------------------------------------------------

MODx IT  www.modx.it
          -----------------------------------------------------

bubuna.com - Web & Multimedia Design
          • 129 Posts
          Hi Banzai,

I have tried both of those and am really loosing hope with this snippet, but absolutely need to get it to work properly after putting in so much time....

Aaron was trying to help me out yesterday and we couldn’t come up with anything, and i’m kind of lost. He says it’s a make_url issue. What could be some reasons for modx not creating the proper urls?

Has anyone else had a problem with modx not properly creating urls?

using latest versions of modx, php, apache, newsletter 0.2b, and wayfinder1.0 that comes with modx-0.9.5
            [center]-- smiley --[/center]
            [center]New View Media - Custom Website Design[/center]
            [center]Custom Website Design & Marketing = Strategic Business![/center]
            • 11 Posts
            I’ve finally managed to have a heavily modified version of this snippet to send Modx documents to Web groups. I attached so other people can use it or modify it. It works as a standalone snippet. If you’ve got questions, just email me to the address in the source. Enjoy!
              • 264 Posts
              Quote from: cevic at Mar 12, 2007, 03:17 PM

I’ve finally managed to have a heavily modified version of this snippet to send Modx documents to Web groups. Enjoy!
              Thank you for sharing, cevic. Your script works out of the box, very nice. Easy enough to costumize.
                • 74 Posts
                Hi newsletter addicts. I added some functionality to cevic’s version of the snippet. It is now possible to personalize the newsletter. It even notices the gender, wich is very useful in germany for example. I also added support for charset setting of the email.

For instructions see the snippet itself. Or mail me, or reply to this thread.
                  • 131 Posts
                  seems to be not working on 0.9.6.1 + php4 sad((
                    Как русифировать Modx 0.9.6.1(QuickEdit, TinyMCE)
                    QuickEdit под win-1251 без mb_-функций
                    • 25 Posts
                    Hello,

and thanks Cevic for your QuickNL snippet, I’ve started using it and it’s something I was looking for. But I wanted something more integrated in the manager like a module, so I tried to make one to fit my needs.

I attach the file to my message.

It doesn’t handle subsriptions, it uses webgroups. I added a "test email" option, and simplified the MODX document selection with a simple input field for entering the document id.

I’ve tested it locally and it’s working, but I didn’t try mass sends.

Test it if you want, and feel free to improve it. If you think it’s useful I’ll add it to the repository.

smiley