We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 30 Posts
    ...that will give me a not needed headake huh

Here are my blogware needs

1. 3 columns
    2. Subcategories
    3. Recent postings (headl.+ short intro)
    4. Recent comments
    5. Decent security

6. Does MODx manage to do this ?
    ...and more?

7. Will I do this faster and easier in a more standard weblogware?
    • 1-6 = yes. 7 = I seriously doubt it.
        Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
        Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
        Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
        • 1,198 Posts
        1) yes
        2) yes
        3) yes
        4) yes
        5) yes
        6) yes
        7) not faster, but better laugh
          Free MODx Graphic resources and Templates www.tattoocms.it
          -----------------------------------------------------

MODx IT  www.modx.it
          -----------------------------------------------------

bubuna.com - Web & Multimedia Design
          • 30 Posts
          rolleyes ...so you think I should fall in love then?
            • 1,131 Posts
            I agree...the first six are more or less a "yes". Now, the last one is a little more subjective. Is it faster? Well...it can be to a certain degree. But of course it depends on what your definition of "fast" is. In terms of performance, MODx will be about the same if not faster than your standard blog application simply because every page/post is cached and thus won’t always require a hit on the database server. Now, in terms of fast posting, it’s a bit subjective. I guess it all depends on how much you like the architecture of MODx and whether it proves to be an efficient way of creating posts/pages for you.
              Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
              • 30 Posts
              Fast... mostly intend that daily updates and management without extra navigation, lots of extra clics etc compared to smaller plattform.

The tech performance is likely of less interest in the long run compared to imput of text, articles categorisation and so forth... Site will likely have some 100 hits a day, at maximum.

By the way... What is the server minimum requirements for v 0.9.1
              A. PHP
              B. mySQL
              • You should be able to run MODx 0.9.1 on pretty much any relatively recent PHP/MySQL install. I’d suggest a minimum of PHP 4.3.x and MySQL 4.x, though.
                  Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                  Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                  • 30 Posts
                  I have checked a number of hosts with price toward private users. I can’t remember any of those (~10) that have mySQL above 3.23.
                  • You might look at AQHost ... I’ve heard good things but can’t personally vouch for them.
                      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                    • BTW, MySQL 3.23.x should be fine for MODx

[CAVEAT: as long as you don’t need to support Boolean full-text searches via a custom snippet :’( -- but that’s a whole other story.]