We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 61 Posts
    Any work being done on a digg.com style news feature?

Sorry, I know a new version just came out and you deserve a break. I just can’t help asking. smiley
    • I can pretty confidently say that won’t be a part of the core anytime soon, but someone like yourself could certainly build one! wink
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 1,495 Posts
        Quote from: rthrash at Jan 05, 2006, 08:02 PM

I can pretty confidently say that won’t be a part of the core anytime soon, but someone like yourself could certainly build one! wink

Agree to that...

If you know php, and you want to get involve in using the powerfull snippet, TV and plugin, than welcome to the club. Feel free to ask any comments or concern in this forum, we will be gladly to help you through in building this. Just don’t forget, when you’re done, please share it back to the community, your testimonial, code, or whatever that you think will benefit the community.

Happy MODx-ing.
          Wendy Novianto
          [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
          [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
          • 61 Posts
          I came across a gpl digg-like script today. What is the best way to deal w/ php includes in Modx. Is it the same as etomite?

btw...I’m more of a designer than a developer although I do make attempts at programming. I may try to make an attempt at a snippet, however I have a pretty good feeling I’ll be in over my head far too soon.
            • 3,250 Posts
            You can use includes normally as you would within any php application. Just remember that any includes that are relative may not work because of where you are calling the include from and where the rest of the php scripts are located.
              • 1,495 Posts
              Quote from: MeAlex at Jan 05, 2006, 08:49 PM

I may try to make an attempt at a snippet, however I have a pretty good feeling I’ll be in over my head far too soon.

That’s gonna be a good way to start. I used to have an interest in art before I decided to take my undergraduate degree as a computer science. So far I enjoy working in both fields, making an art during my free time, and working on programming while developing website.

Anyway, you can use use include or require_once to include a php script. I don’t know about etomite, but that’s the way to do it in MODx. As far for what mark said, you need to use "assets/snippets/bla_bla_bla/include_file.inc.php".

Wendy Novianto
                [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
                [font=Verdana]Xituz Media