We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 61 Posts
    I’m confused about the NewsPublisher snippet. I don’t see it listed in the repository thread. There is a version of it bundled with the NewsManager, however. Where is the "official" version? Which is the most up-to-date? Which is most actively maintained? I’m wanting to try to incorporate it into my site, but I don’t know where to start in order to make sure I’ve got the most recent code.

I’ve tried the one that’s installed by default. I followed the instructions to get RTE. I got the RTE in place, but no document is created regardless of whether I use RTE or plain text.

Thanks.
      Dave
    • Hi Dave,

I think the NewsManager snippet that is in the repository is an expansion of the original NewsPublisher snippet. The NewsPublisher snippet included in the core distribution hasn’t, as far as I know, changed at all.

If you’re happy with the new features then I would go with the NewsManager bundle wink

hope that helps,

Garry
        Garry Nutting
        Senior Developer
        MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
        Twitter: @garryn
        Web: modx.com
        • 3,250 Posts
        • I do apologise for the misinformed information then - I couldn’t find that thread anywhere, obviously weren’t looking hard enough.
            Garry Nutting
            Senior Developer
            MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
            Twitter: @garryn
            Web: modx.com
            • 3,250 Posts
            No problem