We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 54 Posts
    If anyone is using Document Groups and User Groups to provide edit access to their site, this will hopefully be usefull. If you’ve ever had someone say, "Hey, I want to give so and so permission to edit this major section of the website." You’re thinking... greaaattt... there are 100 documents under that section. Do I really want to create a new doc group and manually add all those documents to it?

Well, this module will make your life easier. Just select the document group you want the documents to be a part of, add a page id, and that’s it!

This code could probably be expanded to do all kinds of cool things as well (set a whole section of the site as unsearchable, mass add keywords and metatags, unpublish a whole section of the site, etc, etc...)

I don’t generally make things that look cool, but hopefully they work. If someone wants to style this up, that would be great. Also, if it used the code to pick a doc from the tree (like when setting a new parent), that would be cool too.

Please Note: there are no security checks here so make sure you only allow your full admins to run this module.

Enjoy!

(Modified 3/10/06: Thanks Garry, looks awesome!)
    • Ohhh... Garryn/Mark... let’s add this to the bulk document manager. smiley

Good idea?

Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 54 Posts
        Is that something that currently exists or is it coming out in a future release? Sounds like good stuff...

I’m really interested to see what happens with all the document security stuff in the future. There’s been a lot of talk about it on the forum with all kinds of views. Is there a document roadmap for future versions and what will (might) be included in them?
        • It’s for (hopefully) 0.9.2... was thinking of combining Mark’s ajax menu sorting plugin with Garryn’s bulk template changer and this into one uber-ultility for bulk edits.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 7,075 Posts
            Man, you’re making my day, thanks for this one !!!

Agreed about integrating this grin
              .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
            • Quote from: rthrash at Mar 10, 2006, 09:01 PM
              Ohhh... Garryn/Mark... let’s add this to the bulk document manager. smiley

Good idea?
              Definitely a good idea! laugh

I’d like to crack the bulk document manager over the weekend so this will get included for sure. (Mark, hope you’re free for the next few days, lol!)

Quote from: luke.stokes at Mar 10, 2006, 08:37 PM
              This code could probably be expanded to do all kinds of cool things as well (set a whole section of the site as unsearchable, mass add keywords and metatags, unpublish a whole section of the site, etc, etc...)
              I’ve got a tingly feeling all over grin ... once the basic logic is in place for the module it would be great to keep expanding it to include all sorts of stuff.

Cheers, Garry
                Garry Nutting
                Senior Developer
                MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
                Twitter: @garryn
                Web: modx.com
              • Now I’ve had chance to have a better look, this is some fine coding, Luke smiley

Before the new fandangled, all singing all dancing Document Manager is released I’ve made a preliminary update to this (hope you don’t mind Luke wink ).

Basically, I’ve added the following:

* Applied the MODx theme
                * Added validation for the Page ID to stop it crashing if non-numeric characters are entered
                * Added option to remove a document group from a document and all documents underneath it in the structure.

Cheers, Garry
                  Garry Nutting
                  Senior Developer
                  MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
                  Twitter: @garryn
                  Web: modx.com
                  • 54 Posts
                  HUGE!!!

I just renamed it to MassModifyDocGroup and updated the attachment in the first post.

Thanks so much, it looks so pretty...

That’s funny that I tested for a valid pageid but didn’t think about how that SQL would blow up with a where string. I guess I kinda hoped that someone would do the cool stuff the modify parent does. If I ever get really bored I’ll look at the code and set that up.

Thanks again, it looks so perty! I’m gonna steal this styling for other modules as well.

love it.

Maybe later I’ll add searchable/unsearchable, publish/unpublish, etc... shouldn’t be all that hard to do.