We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,193 Posts
    Ok jlarson... Thank you for figuring the alias path thing out. It works great. I am having some problems getting it to work with display=childgalleries. I have been hacking the code all day, managed to break it several times, and I am now admitting defeat. Anyone else care to take a look at it?

-sD-
      Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
      All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
      • 80 Posts
      Hello overthere,

like "legatissima" some posts before, I don’t get this fine snippet working. (good work sD)
      I run the install steps twice, but dont find the right way.

All i get; is this parser error (when i use the [!MiniGallery!]
      Error: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: ’wwwrun@localhost’ (Using password: NO)
      Error type/ Nr.: Warning - 2
      File: /www/htdocs/w006aa99/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(691) : eval()’d code
      Line: 43

So it looks to me, the database-path is the the problem. right?
      Or is it more a PHP-Problem ( misinterpretation of:$tbl_prefix=$etomite->dbConfig[’table_prefix’]; )?
      I use a german ISP (allinkl) running a linux-server: PHP4.1.4 / mySQL-DB.
      How can i solve this? hardcoding the database-path in the snippet?

thanks. le block
        le_block is Member of FUTY | Medienagentur aus Leipzig mit Schwerpunkt Marketing, Branding, Print und Webdesign
        • 1,193 Posts
        This snippet is based on the work "EtoGal" by Frank Siegert (hugelmopf / hugelmpopf [at] web [dot] de).
        The original snippet can be found and discussed at the etomite forums: http://www.etomite.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3022

This snippet has been updated to correct an error in which credit to the original author(s) of the snippet was unintentionally left out. Please re-download the zip file if you are using this snippet. Alternately, consider an upgrade to MaxiGallery [ http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,3843 ], which is a much more refined and feature rich image gallery snippet.
          Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
          All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages